Friday, November 20, 2009

Flu & Blogging

Woke up at 2am feeling totally crummy, its lunch time and the feeling continues. So what is a girl to do? Blog a little and see if I feel any better. I've almost finished the Mansey legwarmers, got to refresh my technique on i cords and pom poms (used my pompom gadget for the first time). I followed the yarn suggestion this time - Paton's Classic Wool in a nice gray. I liked this legwarmer as it finishes with a bootcut instead of being tapered. My only change was instead of a size 7 circular, I used a size 8 and the fit is perfect, it drapes a bit and is a bit slouchy. Maybe I should knit a slouchy hat or cowl to go with these?

I finished the Red Scarf and true to form, the red yarn would not photograph indoors or out, so I took a quick shot in the car on the way to the Post Office. I do hope the recipient (who ever it is) does like it, the yarn is Alpaca (my own pattern) and I made it with lots of love.

Isn't this fabric BEAUTIFUL! One of my family members is making me a quilt and she just told me the front was done. So off I ran to M & L fabrics with her words ringing in my ear "get something you really love" and so I did. I feel happy just looking at this fabric, I love the butterflies, bees and multiple flowers, they all work so well together (in this design and in real life too).

More photos from the Huntington (taken last month). I love flowers no matter what their stage, so I thought I would share with you this perfect Rosebud.

A Rose in full bloom, dazzling in the sunlight.

Roses in their final stage with only a few petals remaining are still wonderful to me as they peak through the new rosebuds. It almost seems like the older rose above is caressing the new rose bud that is emerging next to it.
Finally, what would a trip to the Huntington Library be without sharing another of their magnificent statues with you. I'll do better next time I go and get more details about the statues to share with you. Well back to bed I go rest and perhaps finally get a little sleep.

8 comments:

Marguerite said...

Love that quilt fabric! Could hardly pry my eyes away from it.

Get better soon.

Dave said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, and thank you for your wonderful support with my cat problem.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Oh, feel better soon!

Alice said...

Feel better sooon! Your legwarmers look great so far though you should be proud!

Rhondi said...

What beautiful roses. That must be a wonderful place to visit. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blogiversary.
Hugs, Rhondi

Natalie said...

Hope you are feeling better. How exciting about your quilt! Can't wait to see it.

Deborah (aka Mt. Mom) said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling so bad last week. Are you doing better now? I hope so!

Congratulations on finishing the red scarf! Anything knit with so much love MUST be wonderful. :-)

I'm trying to envision bootcut legwarmers -- they go *over* the tops of the boots, yes? Do they go over or under the pants/over tights? Or down inside of very tall boots with only the cuff showing? (Couldn't find an image on Ravelry.)

smariek said...

I hope you've recovered from the flu so that you can enjoy Thanksgiving.

I'm sure whoever receives the scarf will appreciate it. I have trouble photographing red knitting too.